Friday, July 19, 2013

A blog detour

I have so much to do and what am I doing with my day? Looking at blogs.... oh well. I was looking back on my old posts and realized there was over whole year gap in my posts. How sad I sounded in my last post in 2012. Healing is exactly what I had to work on. This past year has been full of healing. I still work diligently to manage my stress levels. I've gained some weight which is not good. I know it is because cutting down my work schedule decreased my activity level. I'm working on increasing it by walking on the treadmill. I gained over the last two years so I must remember that it may take two years for it to go away as well. Don't get too hard on myself, but try each day to get on that machine and walk.

Healing waters of Baptism


Meanwhile, the Zentangle art process has been very beneficial to me. I really get "in the zone" and hours pass by without me noticing. I am very careful to set an alarm before I start working or I would forget to eat or go to work! I am taking my drawing journal with me to church, the dr office, and other places. It is helping me to focus my prayer time and keeps my mind from wandering into the dark places. I feel so much better than I did. I feel like a new person. My problems are not all gone, but I have such a better outlook on my days! I actually get up in the morning. I don't want to sleep or watch tv all day. I want to read my pastor search documents, I want to create slide shows for church, I want to color, I want to take pictures and be thankful for things every day, I want to enjoy the birds in the yard, I want to spend time with my family & friends. I want to LIVE LIFE! Amen!

My first free form Zendala

So there is nothing wrong with taking a bit of a detour and perusing blogs. They are inspiring me to continue my art and to share it on my blog. God is amazing and He has shown me the thin I needed to really get my prayer life back in line. Who would have thought art would be the vehicle for my prayers? I should have been doing this years ago -  this is what I thought just now, but as I was typing God is telling me that he saved this method of prayer for this moment in my life when I needed it the most. So thank you Lord for giving me this gift.

No comments: