Friday, March 23, 2012

Where did this week go?

Wow let's see if I can catch up. How did a whole week go by. I guess life got in the way again. That's such a good thing! Here are this week's questions and since they all go together I will answer them all in one fell swoop.

Today's prompt: When is it good to have no alternatives?

Thursday, March 22, 2012
Would you rather make decisions alone or try to work them out with another person?

Wednesday, March 21, 2012
How do you make a difficult decision? What is your process?

Tuesday, March 20, 2012
What is something you recently made a decision about?

I recently made a huge decision to work out some issues from my past and move forward in this area of my life instead of letting it rule me. It was both hard and easy to decide to change. Hard because change is not easy for me. Sometimes I'd rather stay in a bad, but familiar place than face the fear of the unknown also it had been easy enough to avoid certain situations that would cause this fear to manifest.  Easy because I suddenly saw very clearly how this one thing has been holding me hostage and it was time to let it go. Having my husband by my side during this time has been an enormous help. As a matter of fact I don't think I would have the courage to face my fears without him by my side. It has been a struggle and it has been one of the hardest weeks of my life, but I feel the change working inside me and I feel hopeful again today that I will conquer this fear that I have and I will be able to move forward. Even if I can't fully remove the discomfort, I can remove the terror and be able to place myself into these situations that previously would have led to avoidance or a panic attack. It is good to be backed into this corner at this point in my life and have really only two options. A) continue to live in fear and hiding from things that should be done or B) take charge of my life, wrestle with the fears and hurts from my past and then release them into the universe so they are gone from my life. I am choosing option B.

No comments: