Tuesday, March 6, 2012

invisible or flight?

Today's prompt is Would you rather have invisibility or the ability to fly?

My first reaction was to be invisible. The idea intrigued me to be able to watch life without having to participate in it because no one could see me. But then I began to think about all the times I have been hurt because I felt invisible. Nobody saw me, no one cared that I was there or was in pain. Or even worse they saw me and ignored me anyway... I don't want to be invisible.

Flying would free me from the constraints of mankind. No longer forced to follow a predetermined path. Not held back by traffic, red lights and stop signs. To be able to just go over obstacles in my path and to continue on the journey I choose instead of being forced into another man made detour. To be able to get a "birds eye view" of the world. To see the world from a new perspective and away from the narrow view of my human life. To soar on wings as eagles! 

No comments: