Thursday, March 1, 2012

first writing prompt

Thursday, March 1, 2012
How do you feel about uncertainty? Is it exciting or scary?

I'm going to try to follow the writing prompts....lets see how this first one goes.

Uncertainty is scary most of the time. I live in a world that I like to keep orderly. I make lists. Even when my house is a bit messy, I know where everything is. There is a bit of order to it. This pile is bills, that one is for taxes, another is for an upcoming event. I like to know what is coming. And then something will happen out of the blue to turn my whole world upside down. Now I need to take on this scary thing and turn it into a challenge, I make it exciting by trying to figure out how to put it into my organized life. That is the excitement, the wrestling with the new thing until either it fits into my life, or I change my life to fit the new situation. Either way I feel better when I go back into a place of order. I cannot live in chaos.

No comments: